Maintaining Mental HealthMaybe you know how to take care of yourself physically. You try to eat well, exercise, and sleep a fair number of hours every night. But what about your mental health? Do you have balance in your life? Are you feeling as good on the inside as you may look on the outside or is it all just a façade to fool yourself and others?
Taking care of your mental health is just as important, if not even more important, than taking care of your physical health. They directly impact each other, so sometimes, when you feel depressed and anxious, you are more likely to get sick and vice versa. Staying in peak mental condition is especially important during the holiday season, when stress comes at you from all angles!
Here are some things to consider if you want to optimize your mental health:
- Take care of your body – get enough rest, eat healthy foods, drink plenty of water, exercise, and don't forget your chiropractic appointments!
- Surround yourself with positive people – "like attracts like" they say. If you want greater positivity in your life, pick positive people to be your friends!
- Be good to you – take care of yourself – schedule a massage, read a book you’ve had for a while, see a film with a friend, treat yourself to dinner, and stop criticizing yourself and what you haven’t done. Remember, you are important too!
- Reach out to others – sometimes the best way to feel good about yourself is through helping another person who needs you – it's amazing how that works – try it!
- Make sure your goals/expectations are realistic – don't doom yourself to failure by expecting too much of yourself and others. Make a plan that you can work – then work the plan. If you don't get it all done, remember that tomorrow is another day! Don't over-commit and learn the word, "no!"
- Learn how to simply be – go for a walk, stretch, get a hobby, listen to some music – find ways to de-stress that allow your mind to "take a breather."
SCHEDULE TO SEE DR. TED FOR A FREE SPINAL CONSULTATIONMOUNTAIN WEST CHIROPRACTIC OF GREEN VALLEY
321 N. PECOS RD
HENDERSON, NV 89074